Is your child interested in trying out for a team sport, band, or attending camp? To prevent any delays in participating, your child needs to have a current well child exam at our office.
Most schools/camps require an athletic clearance or physical form or Preparticipation Physical Examination (PPE) to be completed and signed by your child’s doctor every year. We can only complete this form if your child has an up-to-date physical/well exam with our office.
Your child’s sports physical exam will typically include:
- Medical history for:
- potential family risks of serious illnesses
- ongoing medical conditions like asthma, diabetes or epilepsy
- allergies – both environmental, such as insects or grass and food-related
- past injuries such as concussions or bone fractures
- any current medications.
- A physical examination for:
- Measurement of height, weight, and, in some cases, Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Baseline blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm)
- Vision test
- General test of heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluation of posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
At the end of the exam Dr. Sampang will either sign any necessary forms, or, we may recommend additional pediatric care or medical intervention for your child. We will work with you to manage any and all potential pediatric health care issues identified during physical exams.
Many sports and afterschool activities programs will not allow your child to participate without a completed physical form. We usually recommend parents and guardians arrange exams well ahead of any try-outs or auditions. Please contact us as soon as possible to arrange delivery of such forms. Out of respect for all patients and appointments, we ask that you allow our offices a minimum of 2 business days to complete requests for these forms. Spring Hill Pediatric Care will charge a $10 fee for physical form completion due to the attention and effort placed in preparing the document. If you bring the form with you on the same day of your child’s well visit/physical appointment, it will be completed free of charge.